“It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.” — Winston S. Churchill
I am not sure when I became a fan of good quotes, but it is a good thing I am, as puts me in great company with Mr. Churchill. When I am at a loss for words and/or inspiration, I look up quotes on the subject.
With resurrection Sunday upon us, I found myself at a loss for words. The subject of My Lord Jesus’ resurrection is precious beyond words, but it needs to be expressed.
Therefore, I turn to the words of others. I hope the following thoughts will inspire you in your reflections about the awesomeness of what we celebrate this week.
- “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in the books alone, but every leaf in springtime.” – Martin Luther.
- The entire plan for the future has its key in the resurrection.
- Billy Graham
- “The message of Easter is that God’s new world has been unveiled in Jesus Christ and that you’re now invited to belong to it.” – N. T. Wright.
- “Salvation is the root–the resurrection is the fruit.” – T.D. Jakes.
- “God is love and he has defeated evil.” – Pope Francis.
- “A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me.”- Andrew Murray.
- “Resurrection means that the worst thing is never the last thing.”- Frederick Buechner.
- “The devil, darkness, and death may swagger and boast, the pangs of life will sting for a while longer, but don’t worry; the forces of evil are breathing their last. Not to worry…He’s risen!”- Charles R. Swindoll.
- “Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sing, ye heavens and Earth reply.”- Charles Wesley.
It is a good thing
- “The spring is a lively emblem of the Resurrection.”- Anne Bradstreet.
- “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.”- Carl Knudsen.
- “The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.”- Basil Hume.
- “Let us consider this settled, that no one has made progress in the school of Christ who does not joyfully await the day of death and final resurrection.”- John Calvin.
- “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”- Bernhard Langer.
- “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.”- Job 19:25.
- “After death, something new begins, over which all powers of the world of death have no more might.”- Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- “Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed.”- John 20:29.
- “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”– Jesus Christ.
Happy Resurrection Day!
HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!