Here am I, send me; send me to the ends of the earth; send me to the rough, the savage lost of the wilderness; send me from all that is called comfort on earth; send me even to death itself, if it be but in your service, and to promote your kingdom — David Brainerd
On March 27, PBS Kansas Channel 8 will air the television premiere of a documentary featuring aviation born in Kansas. The program is an adapted, for public television, version of Mission Aviation Fellowship’s 75th-anniversary documentary, THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.
The film features three women pilots, one a Women Airforce Service Pilot (WASP), Betty Greene, involved in early high-altitude test flights, flew the first MAF mission to Mexico in 1946. Betty is a 2017 inductee into the Women In Aviation Pioneer Hall of Fame. In honor of Women’s History Month, this documentary demonstrates the contribution women make in mission aviation.
The movie trailer can be viewed here: Ends of The Earth Trailer
As over 70% of MAF’s fleet is comprised of Kansas-built aircraft, the film also highlights just how far Kansas aviation goes!
Television Premiere – Ways to Watch
The Dates scheduled for airing are:
8-1 Monday 03/27/2023 8 PM CST
8-1 Wednesday 03/29/2023 1 PM CST
8-2 Wednesday 03/29/2023 7 PM CST
8-2 Thursday 03/30/2023 12 PM Noon
PBS Kansas has multiple ways of viewing:
PBS Kansas Over The Air (OTA) is free and available in 22 counties (see map below). Although there are four OTA channels, THE ENDS OF THE EARTH will show on 8.1 (dates and times) and 8.2 (dates and times).
Don’t use an antenna or don’t live in one of the 22 counties? No problem! Here are other ways to watch:
- Kpts.org Streaming – View THE ENDS OF THE EARTH live in the coverage area and the times listed for channel 8.1 on your computer at www.kpts.org.
- Watch.KPTS.org – FREE – View THE ENDS OF THE EARTH once it is loaded to the website after the Premier broadcast on Monday 3/27/2023
- Cable and Satellite – Locate PBS Kansas outlets for channels 8.1 and 8.2 on the chart below then view on the dates and times as noted above.
- YouTubeTV – Paid – View THE ENDS OF THE EARTH channel 8.1 live at the days and times listed above
- PBS Kansas Passport – Paid – This is an annual subscription of $75 one-time payment (or $6.25 per month) and you can stream THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, plus thousands of hours of your favorite PBS shows anywhere anytime. Learn more here.
- PBS App – Free viewing of THE ENDS OF THE EARTH will also be available via the PBS App after the Premier broadcast. The app is available on your phone, Roku, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, or other smart TV/Device. “
Please watch and let PBS Kansas know that you appreciate the “Seriously Good Television” they provide by contacting them at:
PBS Kansas Web Site: contact us
Kansas Public Telecommunications Service (KPTS), Inc.
P.O. Box 783100, Wichita, KS 67278