“That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.” Deut 11: 21
- food and other household supplies
- medicine, medical goods and personnel
- folks in need of emergency transportation
- disaster relief
- and just plain old transportation
- an initial walk around of the aircraft followed by pictures and a delivery ceremony with local Textron employees.
- a customer acceptance flight conducted by the organization’s chief pilot and a Textron delivery pilot. Those of us on left on the ground had opportunity to get better acquainted with some of the the good folks at the Textron Independence facility
after completion of the flight he chief of MAF operations shared a bit of the Mission Aviation story to the employees. At this reception, this airplane’s destination emerged.
Cessna From A New Place
Personally, this was my third time at the Independence Plant. In 1997, I was invited to tour the factory as the FAA Air Traffic Representative, a year after the plant opened with the Cessna 172 line.
Then in 2009 I returned as an FAA Air Traffic Evaluations Specialist to give the newly opened airport traffic control tower its first official FAA Evaluation. This time was my first visit as a non-Fed, which made it a whole different experience.
Cessna Legacy And Multiplying Days
possess the land,
and that they may prolong their days in the land, which the Lord promised unto your fathers to give unto them and to their seed, a land that flows with milk and honey…
That multiplying days, and the days of their children, in the land which the Lord promised unto your fathers to give them…”
“That their days may be as the days of heaven upon the earth.” (Deuteronomy 11).
What could be better than airplanes demonstrating love in the form of food, medicine and other essential services? So that “Days of Heaven on Earth” might be multiplied to those who happen to be born in isolated locations?
For this lady pilot, who earned her wings in a Cessna, not much!
What practical ways do you demonstrate love? Please share in the comments below.
One thought on “Multiplying Days On Earth With Airplanes”
Wonderful thoughts, Nancy!